Our Vegan & Gluten Free Pineapple Salsa is a favorite. This healthy and colorful recipe is great for parties, summer and even blended as a salad dressing.
- 3 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1 large jalapeno seeds and ribs removed, then dice or mince
- 1 red bell pepper cored, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt to taste
- Place the pineapple, red onion, jalapeno, bell pepper and cilantro in a bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice and salt;
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day before serving. I personally kept this salsa in the fridge for 3 days following and it was still delicious. Add a little more lime to keep fresh.
- Serve in a bowl, or in a hollowed out pineapple. You may also blend this salsa together, if you would like a smooth salsa. Tastes just as good and is great for a spread.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free. You may also use this recipe to top BBQ Chicken, Fresh Fish or even as a side for meat.